Monday, September 11, 2006

Last week in review

We scheduled ourselves for way too much last week especially since it was a four day week due to Labor day. Fair day was Wednesday. Thursday we headed out to the local orchard. It was a gorgeous day with temperatures in the 80's and the orchard pretty much to ourselves.


It's amazing how piles of hay bales and water drainage pipes can be so entertaining to the kids. They also spent alot of time in the silo filled with a foot of shelled corn. I picked up some fresh apples and baked an apple pie the next morning. I treated the kids to a carmel apple and an apple cider donut while we were there too. We're heading back in a couple of weeks to check out the corn maze. It's only open on the weekends.

On Friday the local homeschooling group we belong to-H.O.U.S.E., had their annual "not" back to school picnic.



I was impressed by how many kids are in this group. There is another local Christian homeschooling group, HEART, that has at least this many kids also. Wow, there are quite a few homeschoolers in our area.

I was feeling extremely overwhelmed at the end of the week with both kids starting out their new instruments. Over the weekend I checked out a few "how to" guitar books from the library so I'm going to try to teach him the basics to see if it's something he would like to pursue. At the moment the guitar is a rental for a month . I'm thinking of holding off on purchasing a guitar until after the new year if he would like to continue with it. It's too much on my plate right now but I'm going to try to take it a week at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home